Becoming pregnant is one of the happiest moments of your life. Listed below are tips on how to have a happier, healthier and fit pregnancy.
- Educate yourself! Checkout pregnancy books to prepare for your upcoming loved one.
- Nutrition can play a key role in avoiding illness during your pregnancy. Constipation, indigestion and heartburn is caused by growing pressure on the uterus. Drinking fluids, avoiding citrus fruits and spicy food can help stop these illnesses and help you achieve a healthier you. Avoid eating or drinking within a few hours of bedtime and do not lie down right after a meal.
- Morning sickness is caused by hormone changes in the body. Nutrition again can play a key role in providing relief. East dry toast, dry cereals in the morning. Bland foods make it easier for the body to digest. Sip on weak tea and water. Avoid smells that may upset your stomach. If you are experiencing flu like symptoms see your doctor.
- Remember you are now feeding two, eat five or six well-balanced meals each day.
- Sleeping with a pillow behind your back can help relieve hip, back and pelvic pain.
- Getting your rest helps you achieve a healthy pregnancy.
- Take a prenatal vitamin each day. Vitamins can provide you with the minerals you need, such as folic acid, iron, zinc, iodine, vitamin D, calcium, and vitamin A.
- Don’t drink alcohol and caffeine.
- Exercise and Aerobic Activity helps you keep your shape during pregnancy and can lower your risk of having complications during labor. Best of all lower your risk of having a miscarriage.
- Kegel exercises help prevent temporary bladder control problems that are common during pregnancy. This is caused by your unborn baby pushing down.
Don’t forget to take pictures before and after your pregnancy. Read others birth stories and enjoy your baby.