According to the United States Department of Commerce. The number of women-owned businesses has grown 44%, between 1997 and 2007, twice as fast as men-owned firms.
As a new year fast approaches online resources for women who wish to start an online business is better then ever. There are 6 things to consider before starting your website:
1. Before you register your business make sure that the domain name is available. Check out other websites with similar names to make sure their services or products do not compete but complement your services. Check the domain name availability using 000domains.com.
2. Web hosting provides space on the Internet to store all your files, including your blog, videos, audio files, website. When you are researching web hosting, make sure that you look for the best hosting company by reading their reviews at www.howtosignupforwebhosting.com/reviews/.
3. Once you choose your hosting company learn the in’s outs to signing up with your chosen company here www.howtosignupforwebhosting.com/how-to/.
4. Whether you decide to hire a web designer or choose a pre-made template that you setup yourself. Theme Forest has the best pre-made websites that are easy to set-up.
5. Prepare your website content in advance by making sure that you are reaching a global audience. The content needs to attract your target market for your business to your website.
6. Set-up your website to provide excellent customer service. Good customer service is all about bringing customers back. Make sure that you have a contact form or email address that is easy to locate. The email address should be dedicated to your business. When using your phone number state clearly your time zone. Live Chat software can also be added to your new website.